[Cvsnt] Creating a new repository on ntserver not possible

Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com Peter.Prokesch at wetzer.endress.com
Wed Dec 5 10:37:18 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I'm just starting with cvs and have tried out the local mode using wincvs. (works
perfectly fine)

Now I'm switching to ntserver and I'm running into problems creating a new
repository on the server machine.
Scenario 1:
Using cvsnt 1.11.1.2 Build 41, WinCVS 1.3
Trying WinCVS with "Create new Repository" and the following settings:
authentication: ntserver
path: c:/mpk/cvs/nt
host address: cm-service
user name:    (blank)
CVSROOT: @cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt

creates an output:
cvs -d :ntserver:@cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt init

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

when I use the command string in a DOS-Box on my client machine:
cvs -d :ntserver:cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs/nt init
I get the following message:
Bad repository root c:/mpk/cvs/nt

Scenario 2:
in the CVSNT-Service window I added a new "Valid Repository Root"  c:\mpk\cvs on the
machine cm-service. Was successful, CVS-dir is created, so should work fine.
using an import command from Wincvs 1.3 to this repository causes an exit with code
1, which means a problem

again, when I use cvs import -I ! -I CVS -m 1 ringbuffer avendor arelease  from the
command line in the dos box (ringbuffer is a subdir of my actual location on my
local disk)
I get again this "bad repository root c:/mpk/cvs"

Is it a problem of variables on my machine (I set the CVSROOT-Variable as "set
CVSROOT :ntserver:cm-service:c:/mpk/cvs")? I can ping the cm-service machine and I
have normal user rights.

When I install the CVSNT on my local machine and access it via :ntserver: I get the
same problems as described above.

Thanks in advance,

Peter