[Cvsnt] "RespositoryPrefix" key

Bertrand Denoix bertrand.denoix at kalimagroup.com
Thu Dec 6 09:04:12 GMT 2001

> > RepositoryPrefix=d:\some\long\path\to\ Repository0=first_repository
> > Repository1=second_repository
> >
> > Is this really possible? (if not skip the rest :-)
>
> Only with the beta version.  It's not in the release versions.
>
> > Does that mean that users CVSROOT changes from
> >
> > :ntserver:my_server:d:\some\long\path\to\first_repository
> >
> > to a simpler:
> >
> > :ntserver:my_server:first_repository
>
> Something like that.
>
> :ntserver:my_server:/first_repository

Eventutally got it working but:

The RepositoriesN still contain a full path (ie
d:\cvs\repositories\sandbox)

The server setup dialog stores the prefix (as shown in its "Prefix"
field) with regular slashes (ie "d:/cvs/repositories"), while the
repository directories returned by the dir selector have backslashes
(ie "d:\cvs\repositories\sandbox"). This makes the check for
repository-under-prefix fail, unless the repository entry field is
manually edited in between to convert the backslashes to forward
slashes.

Thx for the help.