[Cvsnt] "no such user" error

CS cs at nospam.home.com
Sun Dec 9 03:45:24 GMT 2001

I'm trying to get CVSNT working and I'm having a bit of trouble.  I've
configured the server with the following options:

- pserver support
- No pserver impersonation
- No ntserver support
- No ntserver impersonation
- SystemAuth=no

My understanding would be that this would not require anything other than
the user/password in the passwd file.  When I place a user/password into the
passwd file, I'm able to "cvs login" to the server just fine.  If I try to
import a module, I get "user: no such user" no matter what I do.

I managed to get this working on a different machine by adding the user to
the local machine, although I don't understand why that should be necessary
when impersonation is turned off.  On another machine, I can't get it
working even that way.  The working machine is a WinXP machine that is not
in a domain.  The non-working machine is an NT 4.0 machine that is in a
domain.

Can anyone help?  I've read "readme.nt" multiple times, but can't seem to
get this working.

Thanks.

---