[Cvsnt] Reasons for 500 errors with web cvs...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 9 21:04:15 GMT 2001

How did you create the repository called brian?
It seems like you already have a repository (unfortunately named
CVSROOT, which is kind of a reserved word for CVS). Did you maybe mean
to say that you created a module 'brian' in this repository instead?
If so, how did you go about it?

My hunch is that you have tried to manually create directories and
files inside the CVS repository by copying with Windows Explorer. This
simply does not work! You *must* work via the CVSNT service from a CVS
client like WinCvs or the command line cvs.

Look at http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/ for a bit more
information on all of this.

/Bo