[Cvsnt] Timestamp of files from checkout

Bertrand Denoix bertrand.denoix at kalimagroup.com
Tue Dec 11 18:21:20 GMT 2001

Quite useful if you intend to compile them with Make, IMHO... What would
happen if you checked out a prevoius version to eradicate a new bug, and
recompile right away? If CVS gave it the "old" date, the compile
wouldn't do much, and you would be left wondering why the old version
doesn't work either.

If not, I'm quite sure there is a Good Reason anyway (and in any case,
the CVS log will tell you  a lot more than a barely trustable file
timestamp).