[Cvsnt] I can't initialize my cvsroot

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Dec 12 23:14:15 GMT 2001

Bishop, Murray wrote:

> You've done great work getting cvsnt into use.
>
> At the risk of being cheeky, I'd like to mention something Ron Jefferies
> has written http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/expUnitTestsat100.htm
> and sanity.sh (or whatever that is these days).

sanity.sh breaks every time you change the wording of the output... I'd
prefer a script that checked what cvs did, rather than what it looked
like...  cvsnt changes rather a lot & it would be a pain to modify a
script every time the output changed slightly (anyay it's shell script
so it won't run under NT).

I've never seen a testing procedure that worked satisfactorily, though.
   They're supposed to be developing one at work but it's the same
problem  with 50 developers modifying bits of the code by the time
anyone has written a test script it's obsolete anyway.  There is a 'sort
of OK' test script that just checks that program core functions are
reasonably sane, and that's as far as it goes.

Something that tested the basic functions - commit, import, add, remove,
etc. & checked the RCS files & repository for sanity would be nice.
It'd probably have to be a perl or python script.