[Cvsnt] User context switch in sshd using RSAAuthentication]

Daniel Lohmann daniel at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Dec 17 15:23:34 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen at redhat.com>
To: "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv>
Cc: <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Cvsnt] Re: [jakomail at emss.co.za: Re: User context switch in
sshd using RSAAuthentication]

> [...]
>
> For us?  As I already wrote in private mail to Terris, I asked
> on microsoft mailing lists for that problem and just got no
> response... as usual when asking for anything security related
> developer problems.  I didn't get a response when asking for
> documentation on LSA auth modules and I didn't get a response
> when asking for sample source code.  Too bad.  And I'm not good
> in reverse engineering.  That requires to know i386 assembler
> language...

I just dropped into this discussion, so I'm not sure that I understood the
problem at whole. However, I have some experiences about NT security
programming and would like to help you out of this - without any guarantee
that I am able to do so :-)

All I got from reading previous mails was, that the cvsnt-service should do
some kind of user context change, because calling GetUserName() always
returns "SYSTEM", which is the account the service is running under. I
suppose that I do not have to tell you stories about impersonation and
things like that, so I would appreciate if you could give me a brief summary
about the problem and where it exactly occurs.

Daniel