[Cvsnt] Auth Problem

Clifford M. Roche cliffordr at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu Dec 27 04:14:26 GMT 2001

I can not figure out what is causing this auth problem, not even in the
documentation. Maybe someone else can give me a hand.

SystemAuth is set to yes in this situation (though it had been tried with no
with the same results)

Using WinCvs 1.3b6:

the CVS root is set for:
@192.168.0.1:c:/privcvs (NT server services)

When I try to do a checkout this is what I receive:

cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from 192.168.0.1: cvs
ntserver: E cannot open c:/privcvs/CVSROOT/config: Permissions denied

I have no idea why I would be getting a permission denied here... I know
that I can load and modify that file because I have done so otherwise.

Can someone let me know what is happening...

Thanks,
Clifford M. Roche