[Cvsnt] authentication issue 'Permission denied'

Babbula babbula at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 18:18:16 GMT 2001

I'm new to CVS and NT administration.  I have win2000 with CVS 1.11.1.2 (build 41).  I've been through devguy.com's cvs admin notes from top to bottom.  I can't seem to get either pserver or ntserver client access working.  when I login I get the message

unrecognized auth response from 192.168.168.10: cvs pserver: E cannot open c:/cvs/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied.

I'm trying to login from both the command line and WinCVS 1.3 same error.  I'v set up the empty .passwd file in my HOME directory as well as the "raw" passwd file in my CVSROOT directory.  I've created NT groups called CVSAdmins that have "Full Control" over my c:/cvs and c:/locks directories.  I've add one of my NT users to the CVSAdmins group and I added the same NT username/password to the "raw" passwd file in CVSROOT.

I'm obviously missing something (like knowledge of win2000).  Can someone please assist me?