[Cvsnt] ToirtoiseCVS 0.48 uses CVSNT by default

Francis Irving francis.irving at creaturelabs.com
Tue Apr 2 22:05:34 BST 2002

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:06:17 +0100, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nothing-on.tv>
wrote:

>> So I'd prefer it if :server: automatically used RSH...
>
>There's no such protocol as :server: AFAIK.

There is such a protocol, but it is really legacy.  The original
server connection for CVS was only available by that protocol.

It is still supported on main CVS, and uses a builtin RSH client
within cvs.exe.  RSH isn't actually very complicated, there is only
about one file (with rcmd stuff in it) required, and some code very
similar to pserver.

Francis