[Cvsnt] Using the Repository Prefix

Gates, Donald T DONALD.T.GATES at saic.com
Tue Apr 2 03:30:34 BST 2002

I've run into a problem with using the Repository Prefix that I have not
seen mentioned here before.

I'm using Build 57a (client and server) on Win2000 (client and server) and
WinCVS 1.3.7.1 Beta7 (Build 1).

In each folder where my files are checked out to on my client system, the
CVS directories all have a file named "Root" which contains the "old"
(non-prefixed) repository root. It doesn't matter what I set the CVSROOT
within WinCVS to, or the CVSROOT environment variable. When attempting an
operation within WinCVS (updating for example), it ignores these values and
goes by what is in the Root files.

Short of traversing my entire directory structure and editing all the Root
files, how do I take advantage of the Repository Prefix?

Don Gates