[Cvsnt] Re: user-aliases ? - PARTIALLY WORKING NOW

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 4 05:16:40 BST 2002

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Bo Berglund wrote:
>

>> Then there is a difference between ntserver and sspi.
>> Tony??
>>

> There's no difference (it all goes through the same common code).  It
> all depends on the SystemAuth flag.  If SystemAuth=no then only users
> listed in the passwd file will be able to log in.

I think that is not true. In server.c, the system_auth field is only
checked by check_repository_password. check_repository_password is only
called by check_password. check_password is only called if the protocol
set the repository root during authentication. AFAIK, pserver is the
only protocol that sets the repository root during authentication. I
thought I verified that was the case a long time ago when I was sent you
the "Rootless-stream-modification" patch and the "gserver_sspi" patch.

I didn't check :ntserver: mode though so maaybe in fact :ntserver: does
send the (extraneous) root line.

I thought that the "readers" and "writers" file was for authorization. I
still think that the passwd file should be only for :pserver:.

- Brian