[Cvsnt] Re: user-aliases ? - PARTIALLY WORKING NOW

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Apr 10 22:44:49 BST 2002

Matthias Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
> now I'm back and able to read the thread again.
> And I saw you discussing about CVS-sourcecode :-)
>
> But don't forget that initial question/bug.
> Why does an alias in the passwd-file not work with the sspi-protocl ?

It doesn't make sense - if you're using SSPI you're authenticating via
NT, which
means you *must* have an account on the server.  By the time the
connection is made (the earliest point that cvs even knows which
repository you're trying to use) the user is already connected.  The
only use for a passwd file at this point is a final check to allow/deny
the connection.