[Cvsnt] Re: user-aliases ? - PARTIALLY WORKING NOW

Matthias Mohr MMohr at SysDesign-EDV.de
Wed Apr 3 09:06:20 BST 2002

> cvs -d :sspi:MyNTUser at cvssrv:/Repository login
>
> :pserver: is the only protocol that uses the passwd file. :sspi: mode
> authenticates you using your domain/machine credentials.
???
So this is another "feature" which I don't like.
So you loose the possibility to create aliases and to set up specific
domain-user to use CVS ?
That's not what I think it should do.... :-(

> So, yes, this is a "feature". BTW, If your users can use :sspi: then why
> do you need :pserver:?
I have some repositories for Windows-Projects and therefore for users
using cvsnt or WinCVS or TortoiseCVS.
For them it would be possible to use sspi

And I have other repositories for Unix-Projects where the user work under
different Unix operating systems (Solaris, HP-UX and Linux).
And they currently only can use pserver.
But maybe I'm able to recompile CVSNT for such Unix-Versions....

with regards,
Matthias