[Cvsnt] :local: behaving differently from server modes

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Apr 10 22:56:44 BST 2002

Francis Irving wrote:
> When checking out, I'm using the "-d" option (from in TortoiseCVS
> again ;) to set the directory to check out into.  CVSNT behaves
> differently for local and server modes.

It behaves a differently in many places...  it's a side effect of the
way client/server was originally written.

> Should I try to change CVSNT to make them behavemore the same, or
> would it be better just for TortoiseCVS to work round the problem and
> use a different command for :local: connections?  I can see that the
> former might cause compatiblity issues and be a minefield.

CVS has always been like that...  IIRC the '-d' option is only usually
used for directories relative to the current one, but there's no reason
why that couldn't be changed.  I've not looked at the code for that
option but I imagine it's easy to fix.