[Cvsnt] Unable to create new userid

VAILLANCOURT, MARC marc.vaillancourt at cgi.ca
Tue Apr 23 02:22:57 BST 2002

Hello,

I'm running CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 57c) on Win XP Pro.

My server (mgccl2) is configured for pserver authentication (my config
file has SystemAuth=no). My password file (c:/cvs/CVSROOT/passwd)
contains the following line:

mavailla:hashedpassword:administrator

I want to add a new user:

CVSROOT=:pserver:mavailla at mgccl2:/c//cvs

c:\>cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:mavailla at mgccl2:2401/c//cvs
CVS password: ******

c:\>cvs passwd -r administrator -a bhoule
Adding user  <mailto:bhoule at mgccl2> bhoule at mgccl2
New password: ***
Verify password: ***
cvs [passwd aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Anyone has an idea why I get this error message? Thanks.

---
Marc Vaillancourt
Senior Consultant, CGI
(514) 878-8700 x1428