[Cvsnt] CVS 1.11.3 (build 57c) hangs - bug?

Kyrre Kristiansen kyrre_kristiansen at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 11:49:20 BST 2002

Hello.

More trouble.Hope someone can help me with this.

After installing CVSNT 1.11.3 (Build 57c), I experience problems with cvs
hanging. We're using TortoiseCVS, and when trying to commit and run update
on certain folders, the whole thing just hangs. I've had a look at the
server, and there's a few processes hanging, and sometimes I get Dr Watson
(not my favorite doctor, I have to say) tells me that the program has had a
stack overflow. I've seen in the maintenance section on the DevGuy site that
this is a problem, and that file locks are left in the lock directory.
However, on our server, no lock file is left.
When trying to run commit on the same files using the command-line client, I
get an error saying
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any).

This also affects my cvsNTUpd, preventing some folders and files being
updated propperly.

Is this due to a known bug, or is there something obvious I've overlooked?

Kyrre.