[Cvsnt] Simple CVS Question

Paul Grenyer Paul.Grenyer at chorleys-communisis.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 10:13:52 BST 2002

*** Before acting on this e-mail or opening any attachment you are advised to read the disclaimer at the end of this e-mail ***

Hi

> You'll reach a large user group on info-cvs at gnu.org but I'll
> answer you
> anyway :-)

Thanks!

Do I just send an email with subscribe in the body? :-)

> What you're looking for is branches.
> A branch lets you fork of development in a protected environment where
> unhealthy/bad code is isolated until you decide that it is ready to
> enter your production code base or discard it.
>
> See http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Branches for a good
> introduction to branches.

Great, thanks!

I've also noticed branches in the manual, but didn't realise their
significance.

Thank you.

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Software Development Engineer
http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
--LongSig

communisis chorleys ltd
Manston Lane
Crossgates
Leeds
LS15 8AH

Telephone +44 (0)113 225 5271
Fax       +44 (0)113 225 5921
Email     Paul.Grenyer at chorleys-communisis.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail and its attachments contain only the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily reflect the policy(s) of the communisis group in general.

Employees of the communisis group are required not to make any defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by e-mail. Any such communication is therefore outside the scope of employment of the individual concerned. The communisis group will not accept any liability in respect of such a communication.

Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments, together with their contents, are confidential unless otherwise explicitly stated in writing by the sender of this e-mail and are for the intended recipient only. If they have come to you in error you must not take any action in respect of them, which includes but is not limited to reproducing, sending or storing them, other than to notifying the sender immediately of the mistake, and deleting the e-mail, any attachments and any reproductions made by replying to it.

Viruses: This e-mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses but we cannot guarantee that they are virus free. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. The communisis group accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail or any of its attachments. In the event of any unauthorised copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to indemnify the communisis group against any claim for loss or damage caused by any viruses or otherwise.