[Cvsnt] cvs log vs. rlog

DANA CORDES dcordes at nhbb.com
Fri Apr 26 01:07:11 BST 2002

Hi all,

I'm using CVSWeb in conjunction with CVSNT running under Win2000.  One of
the modules that I've created has multilingual XSL files stored as Unicode
in the repository.  When I try to browse to the files in CVSWeb, an error
is thrown on the page.

I know a little Perl, and after some drilling I found that rlog is erroring
out because it cannot understand the expand label of "u" (for the unicode
files).  I'm using RCS 5.7, and I havn't been able to find any solutions
anywhere on the web.  When I run "cvs log" on the same files, everything
comes out fine.

The only fixes I can think of are getting to source to rlog (which I've
done) and try to fix that issue.  Problem with that is I'm a Java
developer, not a C programmer, and I don't have access to Visual Studio.
The other fix would be having some have of getting the log information out
of cvs, as opposed to running rlog on the repository itself, but I don't
know if that's possible.  BTW, CVSWeb and CVSNT are running on the same
machine.

Any input I can get on this problem would be wonderful!  TIA!

Dana Cordes
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Information Technologies
New Hampshire Ball Bearing, Chatsworth, CA USA
dcordes at nhbb.com