[Cvsnt] Creating new passwords

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Apr 27 00:13:16 BST 2002

You must be logged on as a member of the administrators group on the
CVSNT server or else your account must be mentioned in the
CVSROOT/admin file. (the name may be admins, I don't quite remember.
But there was a thread about this topic here a few weks ago so you
should find it in the archives.)

/Bo

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:29:19 +0000 (UTC), "Kent Yang"
<kentyang22 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Howdy folks,
>
>I setup CVS NT on a Windows 2000 machine.  I am using pserver and passwd
>authentication using the passwd in CVSROOT directory.  Everything appears to
>be working fine except how do I create additional users.  I seem to be able
>create and add a passwd using "cvs passwd" for myself but I can not add any
>other
>users.  I edited the passwd file and add other users.  The "cvs passwd"
>command
>doesn't seem to allow me to create passwd for anyone else.  So as a work
>around =)
>I change my passwd and then copy the encrypted passwd to the other users.
>This
>doesn't seem to work however.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.