[Cvsnt] Does CVS for NT work with RAID 5??

Christopher Shreve cshreve at fulcrum.net
Mon Apr 29 18:02:58 BST 2002

Emil,

I agree.  What you say is most likely correct.

However, for me the only difference between a working CVS install and a non-working CVS install is
if the CVS repository is on a RAID 5 device or not.  It seems to work great on other 'normal' drives.
'Non-working' should be qualified here...it means I can init the repository AND login...but not checkout
directories.

Strangely enough it works if I set my CVSROOT environment variable to K:\cvsrep.  It doesn't work if I set my CVSROOT environment variable to :pserver:joeblo at cvs_server:K:\cvsrep

So it seems to have something to do with the pserver protocol.

????

Chris