[Cvsnt] cvs [checkout aborted]: k:\: no such repository

Richard Willis rwillis at ctf.com
Tue Apr 30 00:08:42 BST 2002

UPDATE...

 Ok, I figgured out that the repository prefix acts like an alias to the
Repositoy root. So tried /test, instead of k:\cvs, and now i am getting this
message ...

C:\GNU\CVS_Sandboxen\DeathstarTest>cvs -d sspi:deathstar:/test co .
sspi: Unknown Host
rsh.exe: can't establish connection
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Now, I have seen references to the NT server having to know each user that
wants to use the CVS
service. Does that mean that a local user profile must be set up for each
user, or is there some other
user authentication system. I do know that this box is used as a domain
server, and that it has only admin login, but the box's job is to know
everyones login/passwd and allow any user to log into any OTHER NT/Win98 box
on the network. Can the CVS server tap into this info somehow? Sorry about
my lack of knowledge re: windows networks, I tend to lean more to Unix/Linux
myself.

 - Richard