[Cvsnt] CVS on Forte

Edward Sumerfield esumerfd at spam.poboxes.com
Thu Aug 1 03:29:20 BST 2002

Make sure that you are not using a telnet client that clears the screen on
connection loss. The Win 2k version does not.

If you didn't get the following back then you are not able to make a socket
connection to your CVS server.

    cvs [authserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start:

    Connection to host lost.

Next test:
o sign on to the machine that the CVS server is on and retry the test.
o If it still doesn't work then the service is not running.
o Enter netstat -an to see all the sockets being LISTENed to on that
machine. You need to see 2401 before it will succeed.
o If you can connect from the localhost but not from a remote host then you
have to check the network/firewalling arangement between them.

news:ai8s9n$qo$1 at sisko.nothing-on.tv...