[cvsnt] problem creating CVSROOT/Passwd file

Janusz Racz janusz.racz at mail.goecon.net
Thu Aug 8 17:55:53 BST 2002

Daniel,
I had the same problem.
1)Login as an administrator
2)set cvsroot to :ntserver:<your_computer>:/TEST (where TEST is the repository you just created)
3) in your cvsroot folder create "passwd" text file and put "administrator:" in the first line
4) open command window and run the command:
 "cvs passwd - a administrator". You will be prompted for the password.
5) In your cvsroot create admin text file and put "administrator" in the first line.
6) then you should be able to add new users. Be sure these users have their own domain.

hope it will help you

Janusz

From: "Serrano, Daniel (CORP, DDEMESIS)" <Daniel.Serrano at ddemesis.ge.com>
Date:  Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:51:17 -0400