[cvsnt] CVSNT and Windows XP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 13 06:38:53 BST 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:02:28 -0400, "Ryan Cassin"
<rcassin at lumen-christi.org> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I'm trying to get the latest CVS NT server/service up and running on
>WinXP but I'm getting errors when trying to start from the control
>panel. So I try to get it running from a command prompt window:
>
>C:\>cvsservice -i c:\cvs
>CreateService Failed: The specified service has been marked for
>deletion.
>
>My repository in c:\cvs has be init'd and I see "CVS NT Service 1.11.1.3
>(Build 57g)" in the list of services. What gives? :)
>
>Thanks in advance.

For some reason XP has been told to remove the service. It cannot be
done while on line so it waits for a reboot. I think that if you
restart your machine then go into the control panel and use the
Install button it will probably work.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)