[cvsnt] Passing files from one branch to another (No merge)

Luis Pinho lpinho at CPCIS.pt
Tue Aug 13 15:41:17 BST 2002

Hi There,

  I'm trying to copy a file from one branch to another, at this time I'm
checking out a branch, copy the file to a temporary directory, check out the
other branch and then add the file to this branch and commit the changes.

  The problem with this process is that I don't have any connection between
the file, and the original branch (I don't know where it came from).

  Is there any way of passing a file from one branch to another, always
knowing where it came from?

Thank You

Luís Pinho