[cvsnt] NTFS permission problem.

Jack Gao weigao at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 21:55:53 BST 2002

Hi, there

I'm usin latest veresion of CVSNT on Windows 2000 server.

I created separate directories for temp, lock and repo. Created two group as
CVSUsers and CVSAdmins. Give everybody full access to temp and lock
directory, give SYSTEM and CVSAdmin full access to repo directory, give
CVSUsers almost all access except full access to repo directory. Also, I
change LockDir = lock directory.

The problem is:

If I give CVSROOT subdirectory under repo/depot read only access to
CVSUsers, when CVSUsers do cs ls -l -R, they got Permission denied exception
said that CVSROOT can not been locked. Ok, I give almost all access of
CVSROOT to CVSUsers also. But the problem is, when CVSUsers member try to
cvs edit ..., they got "cvs [server aborted]: no such directory `.'"
exception?

Even I give full access to CVSUsers, I keep to get this problem!

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks

Jack