[cvsnt] Re: Installing cvsnt under Redhat Linux 7.1

Gerhard Stegemann GStegemann at csi.com
Wed Aug 14 20:02:38 BST 2002

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nothing-on.tv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d5a6265.177498734 at news.cvsnt.org...

> >- should the cvsnt Redhat package install under Redhat or will
> >  it only install under Debian?
>
> In theory - it's just the debian package converted using 'alien' which
> seems to work most of the time.

I see.

> >- are the perl files really needed by cvsnt for Redhat?
>
> It's the first I've heard of it.

I also checked the spec file and could find any reference to any
perl files. Maybe someone else has an idea why this happens.

> >- is there a replacement for debian/confmodules?
>
> You shouldn't need it.

OK, I will try to remove this statement in cvs-config.

One other question: is there some documentation about the linux
cvsnt config files?

> >- or, what tweaks are required to cvsnt running under Redhat Linux?
>
> Best to download the source and compile it.

I can try this toos.

> I don't have access to an RPM based system to test on - alien has
> worked for me in the past and I'm surprised it's not working now.

Hm..., I tried it several times and got always the same error
messages.

> Presumably you're the first> person to try the RPM - I'll delete it
> and stick with the .deb for now.

But an rpm-package is much easier to install.

Maybe an rpm guru can have an eye on this package to review it.

--
Gerhard Stegemann