[cvsnt] Problems switching to a new PC

Piero Colonna P.Colonna at wbmt.tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 16 16:02:30 BST 2002

I am a quite an inexperienced user of cvsnt and WinCVS. I have been using
and administering cvsnt for quite a while on an old  WinNT WS 4.0 (version
1.11.2 build 37) with WinCVS on other WinNT WS 4.0, win95, win98 and even
Linux clients.
Now I had to switch to a newer  PC (Win2000) and I am trying to install
cvsnt (latest version: 1.11.1.3 build 57g).
I followed exactly the instructions in "step by step instructions":
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

I get the following error message when I test it by trying to login at the
command prompt:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to PCname(PCname.PCdomain):2401 failed:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond
 after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected
host
 has failed to respond.

Any clue? Can anybody help me?
thank you,