[cvsnt] cvstemp

Kevin Jones kevinj at develop.com
Wed Aug 21 14:51:58 BST 2002

Thanks for the reply.

> >The repository has full access for everyone and SYSTEM
> >The cvstemp has full access for everyone and SYSTEM
> >
> Full access is probably overkill, just read/write/delete
> should be enough (if you're paranoid).
>
> SYSTEM only needs access to the CVSROOT directory and the
> temporary directory.  All access beyond that is done as the user.

OK

> To check the file access as SYSTEM you can do:
>
>  at <now+1 minute> /INTERACTIVE CMD.EXE
>
> Then wait a minute... a command shell will appear on your
> desktop running under the SYSTEM account.  You can try
> accessing cvstemp etc. from there.

Hmmm. runs a command shell (I can see it in taskmgr) but I don't see it
on my desktop - could be because I'm running over Terminal Services, as
this works on my local machine.

BTW - what happens when I have impersonation enabled? This is when the
pserver connection is failing. If I disable impersonation it's fine. The
ntserver protocol is fine either way,

Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com