[cvsnt] Mismatched host name error

Nguyen, Linh Linh.Nguyen at ccra-adrc.gc.ca
Wed Aug 21 22:17:12 BST 2002

Hi,

I run into a rather peculiar problem.  Our CVSROOT is set up in lowercase,
e.g. wh03b635.  I recently switched to a new client machine, and the client
WinCVS on this new machine was configured with the CVSROOT in upper case:
WH03B635.  I added a few new modules and suddenly I can no longer update
multiple subdirectories.  I can still update the individual subdirectories
though.  The error is as follows:

cvs [update aborted]: cannot add new CVSROOT
:ntserver:@WH03B635:c:\CvsRepository

I edited the Root files on the client machine to change all the CVSROOT to
lower case, then the error turned into:

cvs [update aborted]: cannot add new CVSROOT
:ntserver:@wh03b635:c:\CvsRepository

I need to be able to perform update at a parent directory level (the app is
simply too large to update by the individual modules).  Anyone knows a fix ?
It's very much appreciated.

Linh Nguyen