[cvsnt] Need help with pserver: User '...' is not a real user on the system.

Matthias.Kistler at ubsw.com Matthias.Kistler at ubsw.com
Mon Aug 26 14:33:52 BST 2002

Hi,

I've tried to set up a cvsnt server which should be accessed from unix
and therefore use the pserver protocol. I can connect using the :ntserver:
and :sspi: protocols, but when I try to set up the passwd file for use with
pserver I get this error:

C:\>cvs passwd -r kistlema joey
Changing password for joey at wchd0153
New password: ****
Verify password: ****
cvs [server aborted]: User 'kistlema' is not a real user on the system.

However, user 'kistlema' is indeed a valid and very real user (with admin rights) !

I tried adding a domain as well:

C:\>
C:\>cvs passwd -r kistlema -D INTERNATIONAL joey
Changing password for joey at wchd0153
cvs [server aborted]: User 'kistlema' is not a real user on the system.

==> same error.

I tried setting 'SystemAuth=no' in the CVSROOT/config file. No matter what
I do, I keep getting this annoying error. Could somebody please give me
some hints ?

Regards & Thanks,
Matt

related financial instruments.