[cvsnt] cvstemp

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Aug 28 00:38:31 BST 2002

Kevin Jones wrote:
> IIRC,
>
> the token that the process gets from impersonation is not exactly the
> same as the token you get when you log on interactively. The user in the
> CVS passwd file is me. If I log on to the server normal (as an
> interactive user) I get access to the directory fine, but I don't get
> access through CVS pserver.

It's not exactly the same (since it doesn't have the correct
authorisation to attach to the network, and maybe do other stuff,
although I haven't looked into it too closely) but it has the same
access rights to the local filesystem which is what cvsnt uses it for.

> One other question - what protocol is ntserver using? is it NTLM?

It's a named pipe connection, which is NTLM I think.