[cvsnt] Re: cvs ls parameters...

Oliver Giesen giesen at lucatec.de
Thu Aug 29 09:57:48 BST 2002

> Also I am not familiar with the egrep command. This is what
> happens when I try:
> C:\>egrep
> 'egrep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

FWIW: As I know you're a Delphian, I suggest looking in your Delphi's
bin directory, which should also be on your PATH already. There's a
handy little tool called grep.exe which will probably deliver the same
functionality. I just did a quick test and it generally seems to work.
You would have to escape special characters (e.g. the period and the
slash) and the wildcard would have to be written as '.*' instead of
just '*' (all without the quotes of course), though. IOW: your example
would have to be written like this:

cvs ls src | grep ".*\.c"

Hope this helps.

Oliver