Antwort: RE: [cvsnt] No valid CVSROOT setting for connecting to CVS-NT from tkCVS?

Steffen.Beyer at conducta.endress.com Steffen.Beyer at conducta.endress.com
Thu Aug 29 16:35:11 BST 2002

Hello Oliver Giesen,

thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That did it!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Best regards,
Steffen

                    "Oliver
                    Giesen"              An:     <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
                    <giesen at lucat        Kopie:
                    ec.de>               Thema:  RE: [cvsnt] No valid CVSROOT setting for connecting to CVS-NT from tkCVS?
                    Gesendet von:
                    cvsnt-admin at c
                    vsnt.org

                    29.08.02
                    16:51

> The problem seems to be with the syntax of the CVSROOT string
> that tkCVS expects. Apparently, tkCVS considers everything between
> "@host:" and the first slash ("/") to be the port number to use.
tkCVS
> doesn't seem to grok a path that starts with a drive letter.

That's what the Repository Prefix feature is used for. In the CVSNT
control panel applet set your Repository Prefix to D:\, restart the
service and on all(!) your clients change your CVSROOT to
:pserver:beyers at fe046:/CVSRoot .

Note that there was a bug in CVSNT releases prior to 1.11.1.3 build
57g which prevented you from using a drive's root as the Repository
Prefix without manual editing of the registry. If you are not already
using build 57g and also do not want to upgrade (I would recommend it,
though) you could search the list archives on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Oliver