[cvsnt] Re: Add user & passwd files

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Aug 30 06:23:00 BST 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:12:05 +1000, "Jesse Bruce [PCS]"
<news at pctas.com> wrote:

>I have CVSNT installed but cannot add users or have no idea where a passwd
>file should live or how to create it manually as each time I tryed the
>following command ;
>
>C:\>cvs passwd -a lala       # I get the prompt again as follows
>C:\>_
>
>I have tried this on XP and 2000..
>any suggestion on where passwd file should live ?

Maybe some answers can be found here:
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html#AddUsers

The passwd file lives in the CVSROOT directory of the repository. It
is NOT a file that can be checked out, CVSNT manages it all by itself
and you add/remove users using the cvs passwd command. But only CVS
administrators can use this command for anyone. Normal users can only
change their own pserver passwords with the command.

You need a recent build of CVSNT for this command to work properly,
there were some problems before. I suggest you use build 57g or 57f.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)