[cvsnt] What causes this error message???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Aug 30 11:57:03 BST 2002

Tony,
I never saw a reply to this message. Still unresolved and appears on
all workstations (W2000-Pro) where we switch to the newset version
using this procedure:
1) Install WinCvs latest release using the installer
2) Copy in cvs.exe and all the protocol dll:s from CVSNT 57g to the
WinCvs directory
When we connect as before to our CVSNT server all works OK in existing
sandboxes, no problem.
Except when douing the cvs ls command WinCvs hangs and wne stopped
finally returns the message below.
If I run the cvs ls command and at the same time watch the cvstemp and
cvslocks dir on the server I can see that CVSNT creates a very strange
directory named "ut over the entire source repository".

Using WinCvs on my old laptop towards the same CVSNT server, still the
latest WinCvs and using the 57g cvs.exe and dll:s all works OK.

This is a real bugger! Can you say anything at all based on this
information? BTW it hangs also when I do this from the command prompt.

/Bo

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:03:09 +0200, Bo Berglund
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>This happens when I do 'cvs ls' on a new laptop:
>
>cannot stat directory D:/CVSTEMP/CVSLOCKS/ a module that consists of many directories
># spread out over the entire source repository
>
>What is the cause of such behaviour? All other commands seem to work OK from WinCvs.
>Version info:
>
>cvs ver
>
>*****CVS exited normally with code 0*****
>
>Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57g) (client/server)
>Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57g) (client/server)
>

>Bo B

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)