[cvsnt] Re: Does cvs start more than once for multi-module commits?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Dec 1 19:50:30 GMT 2002

Replying to myself just to clear up after checking things a bit more..
I just realized that two lines that come out first on StdIn for a
loginfo execution look like this (3 submodules were committed):

Update of F:/CVSREPO/bosse/ModuleXX
In directory altair:E:\temp\cvs-serv3572

Update of F:/CVSREPO/bosse/ModuleXX/NewCommon
In directory altair:E:\temp\cvs-serv3572\NewCommon

Update of F:/CVSREPO/bosse/ModuleXX/Source
In directory altair:E:\temp\cvs-serv3572\Source

As can be seen there is a common temp dir called 'cvs-serv3572' used,
so for the loginfo script I can pick a unique identifier from this.

Now remains the taginfo and notify scripts. Seems a bit harder
especially for taginfo...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)