[cvsnt] invalid change text over and over again

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 4 17:00:56 GMT 2002

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:50:28 +0200, "Lionello Lunesu"
<lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com> wrote:

>'ei,
>
>> I'm running out of ideas.  I tried various combinations of edit/unedit
>> and still couldn't reproduce it.  Committing to a 'broken' file
>> doesn't even cause it (which means it must be happening for you on
>> each commit rather than propogating a single error to multiple
>> commits).
>
>You mean, something went wrong EVERY time one of those "@d1 3" appears? So
>it's not possible that it got corrupted somewhere and each edit/commit pair
>would 'for some reason' simply copy the last, corrupted, revision log?

The head entry is generated each time you commit (actually there's two
changes - the new info is added as literal data, and the existing head
is turned into a delta).  All remaining deltas are then copied from
the existing file.

Since I think it's extremely unlikely the GNU Diff is actually
producing  the information backwards (someone would have noticed a bug
like that) I can only assume something is modifying the data after the
diff has occurred.  I've no idea what, though.