[cvsnt] Where are passwords stored with cvsnt?

Roser Timm (KADA 32) timm.roser at csfs.com
Wed Dec 4 17:33:52 GMT 2002

Gentleman,

I have monitored cvsnt inserting my cvs password hash for pserver into the registry and am very curious since when cvsnt has this behaviour and does not store the hash in the old (or unix-cvs like) passwd file.
There are a couple of companies providing cvs integration in their tools that are relying on the passwd file (Idea IntelliJ for example).

As cvsnt is probably the widestspread cvs client for NT i would like to know if this is the official behaviour to have a basis for negotiation with them and hopefully make them implement the usage of cvsnt correctly.
If anyone can solve this mystery i'd be very happy.

Regards
Timm