[cvsnt] Re: SSPI Error Message

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 5 15:05:21 GMT 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 04:30:49 -0800, "Eugene Gershnik"
<gershnik at nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just installed cvsnt and tried to use sspi protocol. No matter what I
>do I always get
>
>cvs [<operation> aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot
>agree on an
>authentication scheme
>
>This is from both cvsnt and WinCVS clients.
>
>I am on standalone (not a domain member) XP Pro.
>
>Any ideas?

That error is actually impossible with the current code, as all that
SSPI uses is 'NTLM', so either your client or server is sending
something odd (either that or there's corruption at the TCP/IP layer
which is probably unlikely).

What versions of client/server?