[cvsnt] Authentication as CVS Admin

Olaf Groeger Olaf.Groeger at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 09:57:16 GMT 2002

Hi,

i'm trying to change the log message of a commited file. this action is
restricted to CVS Admin.
- Both the CVS Server and my workstation are member of domain develop.
- In the passwd file exists an entry for me: ogroeger:!develop:ogroeger
- In the CVSROOT directory exists a file admin with an entry for ogroeger
- CVS server is configured to use domain instead of local user and to
impersonate.
- In config file systemauthenication is set to no
- i can commit, update , checkout ... from/to my workstation with
ntserver/sspi ...all succeeds
- if i want to change the log message of a already commited file, the action
fails with the message that this is restricted to cvs admins
- if i login to the the cvs server via terminal service with my domain
account (there is no local account for me on cvs server) and perform the
same action from here with same CVSROOT variable as from my workstation,
the action succeeds.

can someone can give me a hint how to authenticate as cvs admin from my
workstation ?

yours Olaf

P.S.: i'm neither local admin on the csv server nor domain admin