[cvsnt] ..... When directories are added directly to the branch ???

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Dec 11 15:39:06 GMT 2002

Arvind Raman wrote:
> Is this a known issue ? Or do I have to do something
> more than a merge to get these files on to the main
> trunk ?

Let's see if I can remember how this goes.

1) Work on branch and create directories
2) Commit all work on branch
3) Checkout HEAD branch (reset sticky) in sandbox
4) Merge with branch - remember to check 'Create missing directories...' (on
first tab if using WinCVS)
5) Commit all work (including new directories/files) to HEAD (after resolving
any conflicts)

The thing you missed was in step 4 to get the missing directories.  It is not
all that intuitive until you've forgotten it once; then you _always_ select that
box during Merges, even when it might not be strictly necessary (but then it is
always harmless).

HTH

John