[cvsnt] CVSNt Build 62 : Login Problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Dec 13 22:48:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:04:29 +0530, "Amit Beria"
<aberia at hojaiglobal.com> wrote:

>Questions:
>1. How to connect to wincvs server using pserver protocol?

There is no such thing as a WinCvs server! WinCvs is entirely a
*client* and in fact it is a GUI shell around the cvs *client*. So you
are not going to be able to do this. You need a CVSNT *server* first.

>2. How to create new users, because we want to use it organastion wide?
You should *not* use pserver at all! Use sspi instead, then you don't
need to mess with the passwd file at all and you can manage your users
and their access from the domain instead (or Active Directory if that
is what you have).
With sspi there is no login, cvs reuses the Windows 2000 Workstation
login for its connections. Usually works right out of the box.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)