[cvsnt] Application error - cvs.exe - SSPI with encryption causes server crash

Bo Snihurowych bsnihurowych at spambucket.gpelearning.com
Mon Dec 16 19:08:17 GMT 2002

Hi all,

CVSNT is crashing whenever I attempt to import a module using SSPI
authentication with encryption enabled.  The application error popup
contains the following message:

cvs.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00478630" referenced memory at "0x00000000".  The
memory could not be "written"

And WinCVS produces the following error message:

cvs [import aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Here are the specs:

Server:
- Clean install of Windows 2000 Server with SP3; Norton Antivirus Corporate
Edition 7 is installed but configured not to scan files; no other
applications besides NAV and CVSNT have been loaded
- CVSNT 1.11.1.3 Build 62; all options installed except pserver and fork
- Repository set up as per instructions given in CVS Installation Tips
(http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html).
- Modifications to config file:
    - SystemAuth set to yes
    - LockDir folder set to d:/cvstemp/locks
- No admin or passwd files in CVSROOT

Client:
- Windows 2000 Professional SP3
- WinCVS 1.3.10.1 Beta 10 Build 1

When I turn off SSPI encryption in WinCVS, or use another protocol,
everything works fine.  Is there something I can do on the server to remove
this problem, or is it perhaps a client problem with WinCVS?

Thanks,

Bo Snihurowych
bsnihurowych at spambucket.gpelearning.com (remove spambucket subdomain to
reply)