[cvsnt] Moving from build 57f to 62

Jonas Bergvall jonas.bergvall at ibitec.se
Mon Dec 16 19:50:32 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I couldn't find this topic covered before so here we go...

I'm moving a repostitory from an old server to a new one. I had planned to take the opportunity to upgrade to the latest release at the same time (moving from build 57f to 62). But I ran into a blocking error.

I installed on the clean box a full install of build 62. Then I created a e:\repository and copied the old repository there from the old box. In the control panel applet I set the prefix to e:\repository and added the old repository. I made on other changes except set a temp dir and, support ntserver protocol, impersonate, NOT use local users instead of domain.

My users can't login any more! I get a "cvs [login aborted]: jonasb: no such user". All users uses the pserver protocol and cvs user names not matching their domain (AD) users are re-mapped in a "users" file.

If I create a new repository "test" (according http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html) and add a user jonasb I get a "cvs server: *WARNING* CVS user 'jonasb' will not be able to log in until they a e aliased to a valid system user." despite "jonasb" is a valid domain user in the domain the server is member of.

Has there been a major change in the user handling since 57f? Any advice whould be appreciated :)

Final question: should the users upgrade to build 62 too? All are using the pserver protocol so i don't se why directly. Locking feature?

Greatfull for any help,
Jonas