[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 17 16:08:26 GMT 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:54:29 +0100, "Oliver Giesen" <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>> Experimental ssh support, client & server (server is ssh2 only).
>
>Cool. Would this allow to e.g. connect to SF without additional client
>software? Or does it have to be a CVSNT server on the other end of the line
>too?

In theory, yes.

It supports 'cvs login' so you don't have to use an RSA key.  If you
want to, use keys anyway you use login but specify the key &
passphrase instead:

cvs -d :ssh;key='d:\my key':server:/repository login
Password: <passphrase>

You need to use openssh v2 (or v1) format keys which puttygen is able
to export.  Currently cvsnt doesn't support encrypted v1 keys (because
then encryption is non-standard and I'm far from being a crypto
expert!).

>> New CVSROOT parser that supports keywords, so things are a lot more
>> flexible now.
>
>Is there any documentation about what this actually means? What keywords?
>How flexible? In what way?

It means individual protocols can add valid keywords, plus you can be
a bit more flexible with what you write, so:

:pserver:foo at bar.com:2401:/repo
:pserver;username=foo:bar.com:2401:/repo
:pserver;username=foo;hostname=bar.com;port=2401:/repo

.. are all the same thing.  Whether that's actually useful is
debateable, but it's no extra code, as I needed the keywords for
things like ssh.