[cvsnt] RE: [cvsgui] Re: Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Arvind Raman arvind_raman at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 11:29:58 GMT 2002

Well I am not sure if that actually worked for me. I
was working thru the WinCvs client and while importing
the *.tar.gz file I changed the file attributes in the
import dialog box to binary, but still the import
didn't happen correctly even though CVS used the -W
option.
I could get it into the database correctly only by
adding it as a binary file.
Do you think I have done something wrong ?
Is there a difference between the -kb option as
specified alone and specified inside the -W option (I
have never used WinCvs in the command line mode) ?
The conclusion that I could derive was that if winCvs
didnt recognize the file as binary by itself it isnt
possible to import it as a binary file. Am I wrong ?

Arvind