[cvsnt] Crash using Builds 62/63

Juanma Barranquero lektu at terra.es
Wed Dec 18 12:41:21 GMT 2002

I was using CVSNT Build 62 and upgraded to Build 63.

When doing any operation against the server I get a crash:

> The instruction at "0x100086c7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

and then the following message:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 63) (client/server)
Server: cvs [version aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on an authentication scheme

Uninstalling Build 63 and reinstalling 62 does not solve the problem: I
get the same error.

On my config:

 CVSROOT=:sspi:jbarranquero:c:\usr\cvs

and I have the three Advanced tab checkboxes checked (I use local users
instead of domain).

BTW, I have McAfee Viruscan installed, but I'm doing the tests with it
disabled. I wouldn't bet is not interfering somehow, though...

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u