[cvsnt] Crash using Builds 62/63

Juanma Barranquero lektu at terra.es
Wed Dec 18 13:09:15 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:52:33 GMT, tmh at nodomain.org (Tony Hoyle) wrote:

> >> The instruction at "0x100086c7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
>
> Build 63 won't come up with that message, it will come up with a
> dialog offering to save a crash dump.
>
> This implies either you're not really running build 63, or it's not
> cvsnt that's crashing, it's something else....

I don't know where the message is coming from, but definitely is
cvsservice.exe what is crashing. (I have Visual Studio with the
Just-In-Time debugging, so if I click on Cancel I go to a disassembly of
cvsservice.exe).

> You could try uninstalling it.  Disabling antivirus tools doesn't
> always remove their side effects.

Yeah, well, uninstalling it is not an option here.

Does anyone else have any experience about running CVSNT and McAfee
VirusScan on the same machine?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u